- 2 cups Half and Half (or 1 cup whole milk + 1 cup heavy whipping cream)
- 3 Tbsp. green tea powder (matcha)
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt (about 1/16 tsp.)
- Ice cream maker
- Freeze the ice cream bowl for 24 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the half and half, sugar and salt.
- Start cooking the mixture over medium heat, and add green tea powder. Stir often and cook until the mixture starts to foam and is very hot to the touch but not boiling.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl sitting in an ice bath. When the mixture is cool, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Once the mixture is thoroughly chilled, transfer to a pre-chilled ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacture\’s instructions (20-25 minutes). Transfer the soft ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.